Sunday 14 April 2013

Foundation Review: Rimmel

I recently bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. It cost me £8.99 from Boots. The packaging looks great; much more bold than previous foundations by Rimmel. When I first used this foundation, I loved it. It made my skin feel very smooth and although there were very small glittery bits in the liquid, they were impossible to see on your face unless you were in direct sunlight. It made my whole face the same colour. From the first time I used this, I didn't have to use concealer; the foundation covered the blemishes very well and I was extremely pleased. The shades however are very similar. I know some people who have lighter skin than me and have said the lightest shade in this foundation is too dark for them, which is a disappointment. This foundation also has a pleasant smell.

 A few weeks later however, I bought the Rimmel London Match Perfect Foundation. The packaging is very similar to a previous foundation by Rimmel, although the pop of blue at the top is pleasant. This bottle looks like it is much more travel friendly than the Wake Me Up foundation. It cost me £6.99 from Boots. I love this foundation; it really is great. The liquid goes a long way, I don't tend to need a lot of it. It blends really well with your skin, making it look very natural. This foundation is great for paler girls who struggle to find a foundation for themselves as the shades have a better difference between them. I did find however that this foundation didn't deal very well with blemishes unlike the latter. The foundation ended up making my dry skin look much darker than the rest of my face so I had to use a lighter concealer to try and cover it up. If you have been blessed with virtually flawless skin, this foundation is definitely for you.

    Overview 
 I give the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation a 3/5. 
+It has a pleasant smell.
+Covers blemishes well.
-The cost isn't so great compared to the Match Perfect one.
-The glittery/shimmery bit is obvious in direct sunlight.

 I give the Rimmel London Match Perfect Foundation a 4/5.
+It's cheaper than the other foundations from the same brand.
+Less liquid is needed for a nice complexion.
+Blends very well with your skin, making you look very natural.
-Not great with blemishes. Makes your skin look darker in some places so a concealer is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment